Data is one of the most critical aspects of business in the modern economy. Protecting your data is more important than ever. With cyberattacks ever increasing in frequency and sophistication, you need to be sure that your hosting provider offers effective measures to safeguard your data.
At HostRound, we take data security seriously and offer a range of tools and implemented technologies to ensure that your data is safe and recoverable in the rare event of a breach or data loss for any reason.
Learn more about data security and its importance as you consider your hosting options.
How Common is Data Loss?
Telecommunications company Verizon produces one of the most trusted yearly data security reports, based on the analysis of a sample of 23,000 incidents from around the world.
According to the Verizon 2022 Data Breach Investigations Report, the global average data breach cost was USD 4.35 Million. Phishing and stolen or compromised credentials are the key factors in most data loss incidents.
The latest report shows that ransomware attacks are increasing, with a 41% rise last year. The average cost of a ransomware attack was USD 4.54 Million. Nearly half of all reported breaches happened in the cloud. This indicates that even if you move your key data to data centers, you need the right hosting provider to keep it secure and provide effective backup and restoration solutions.
Even if you’ve never suffered from a data breach, it’s important that you take action to prevent or mitigate any potential events.
Data Security and Storage – How Your Data is Protected at Every Level
One of the biggest advantages of hosting your websites, storage, and applications through a hosting provider is that you can leverage specialist skills and technologies without investing heavily in your own I.T. infrastructure. Remote hosting providers like HostRound store your data on servers housed at secure data centers. HostRound utilizes the world’s most trusted data centers to protect servers from physical damage, tampering, failure, and other risks.
There are multiple layers of data security with hosted solutions…
- Physical security at high-tier data centers is designed to safeguard equipment. This includes video surveillance, restricted access to hardware, biometric access control systems, and on-site security personnel.
- Data centers are protected by fire suppression and prevention systems. The risk of physical damage from electrical fires is exceedingly low thanks to these systems.
- Servers are protected with redundant networking, power, and cooling systems. These failsafe measures ensure high server availability and uptime so that your data remains accessible.
- Network security is provided by firewalls and intrusion detection systems, as well as other security software implemented at the data center. In addition, servers can be configured with their own protection for additional layers to protect your data from loss or bad actors.
There are other layers of data protection to help safeguard all of the information transmitted between you and your server, such as advanced encryption that prevents data from being intercepted in transit. Even if encrypted data is intercepted, the actual information stored is unavailable, thanks to this encryption. This makes it extremely resource intensive and complex for cybercriminals or other malicious parties to gain access.
Protecting Your Data with Cloud Backup Solutions
One of the most efficient and effective ways to safeguard your data is with the use of a cloud backup solution. At HostRound, we offer Acronis backup, which is one of the most secure and reliable backup solutions offered in the industry.
Our backup solutions can be easily implemented and are easy to manage from our web console. A scalable solution means it’s suited for businesses of all sizes, and your backup solution could grow along with your business and the amount of data that you handle.
Our backup and recovery solution provides…
- Active ransomware protection to avoid downtime by proactively securing your files.
- Blockchain notarization to ensure data integrity without risk of tampering.
- Instant restoration so you can quickly recover backups after a data loss event.
- Versatile architecture, including cloud backup or local storage solutions depending on your unique needs. Hybrid backups offer you even more redundancy with your most critical data.
You can get industry-leading Acronis backup for dedicated, virtual, and cloud servers.
Choose a Trusted Hosting Provider That Keeps Your Data Secure
HostRound takes steps to protect your data, while also providing reliable tools to restore data quickly in the event of a breach or accidental loss. Data is important to the future of your business. Could you recover from a partial or total data loss event? Most businesses that don’t have backup and recovery solutions will fail within two years of a major breach occurring. You can prevent this by choosing a hosting provider that keeps your data secure.