This tutorial will guide you through how to SSH your cPanel account using SSH Key. (Available only to hosting plans with SSH enabled)
You can now use
Terminalfrom cPanel directly on your browser. Login to cPanel and search for Terminal.
2. Search for
SSH Access and click on it
Manage SSH Keys button
Generate a New Key button
5. Enter a key name, type a password twice and click
Generate Key button (Key Password is optional)
6. Now a new key has been created, click Go Back
Public keys section, click Manage and then click 'Authorize' button, then click Go Back
Private Keys section, click View/Download
9. Scroll down until you see
Convert the "keyName" key to PPK format, and enter ssh key password that you've entered in step 5 and click '
10. Now PPK file has been created, scroll down and click '
Download Key' button
11. Use putty to SSH your hosting account and import the key to Putty (Explained in the video below)
Note: Open a support ticket to knowing your server's SSH port.
Learn more from this video: